Friday, September 07, 2007

Bandung, Indonesia

Finally I could sit down, upload pictures and update this blog after recovering from the worst food poisoning I've ever had, the experience of flying back to Malaysia by puking at the airport, quesy feeling on the plane and more stomach problems for the net couple of days. Nope, I did not sit at home and recuperate, instead I took a drive with my sis to singapore. hee hee

Here's the summary of places that I went since I last posted:
Flew to Bandung, Indonesia - shopping - climbed a volcano (not literally, but yeah..)
Flew back to Malaysia - stayed one night
Drove to singapore - visited sentosa island - play play play - swam - had a sunburn

Okay so where should I start...My ailing laptop is dying sloly...the number 2 key, the 's' and the 'w' key, doesn't..AT ALL!! *ahh great! now the 'Caps Lock' key doesn't work either. so how do I type when I need those keys?? I have to go to a web page and look for the letter...copy it..and the n paste it as I type! Yes people...desperate measures!!!!!

If not it'll be like this ---> e.g. I'm hating my laptop and I feel like throing it out of the indo, eriouly getting on my nerve!!

This is really annoying!

Aite so..the volcano trip...we went to
Mount Tangkuban Perahu in Bandung itself. we were sort of tricked into climbing down to the crater. The 'tour guide' said that it was only a 20 minute walk down, but it turned out to be about an hour,luckily we had our sport shoes on!

This is the view of the crater from the top of the mountain

That steam coming from the crater.. still very much alive!

Don't let your eyes trick you..that's not sand, but lava!

Crystallized sulfur forming where hot steam from beneath the earth is blowing.
(It stinks like rotten eggs by the way!)
Clicky on the picture to see it clearer

ETA: I finally uploaded a video. Boiling eggs in hot springs of the volcano..that's naturally boiling water y'all!



6 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 9:22 PM, Blogger bySarah said...

AMAZING Pictures Mira!!
THanks for sharing.

 
At September 13, 2007 1:33 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

New job = new laptop ;o)

I know what it feels like to want to throw a dang pc/laptop out the window =D

Get a new one soon, it'll save you a lot of grey hair. Trust me. Hehehe.

 
At September 13, 2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Please PLEASE tell me that it is LAVA and not LARVA in that picture!! I fear for my life if it is the latter.

 
At September 13, 2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Mira said...

whoops!!! sorry for the typo!! rest assured it's LAVA and not LARVA!!

thanks for alerting me Courtney!

 
At September 14, 2007 2:34 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

*grin* no problem! I just had images floating through my mind of gigantic critters crawling out of the volcanic wasteland in your picture!

 
At September 16, 2007 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos of the volcano!

The keys on my laptop all work, but all the printing of the letters have worn off so it's impossible for someone who doesn't know how to touch type to use (heh, heh, that means my husband can't use it...)

Your Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.