Saturday, October 27, 2007

Baby Hat and Mini OSW

I have been knitting, really...And I've got a couple of FOs to show off =)

First up, a really cute baby hat that I knitted for a 6 week old baby girl, Honeybun, a name her 3 year old sister calls her. How cute is that?

Vine Lace Baby Hat

Pattern: Vine Lace Baby Hat
Needles: Brittany 3mm dpns
Yarn: Katia Capri 100% cotton - Half a ball

I also made a pair of Saarje's Bootees with the rest of the yarn, but for the life of me, I forgot to snap a pic of it before I gave the lil baby! But they were really really adorable and the booties are sturdy.

Not wanting to let her elder sister feel left out, I knitted a mini One Skein Wonder for her...

OSW - front

Pattern: One Skein Wonder
Needle: 3mm Addi circulars
Size: 13" width for arm to arm
Yarn: Schachenmayr Catania 100% - 1 ball

I'm really really proud of this FO. I actually made sure that I made no mistakes and I looove how the ribbing turned out. Took me quite a few attempts to pick up the stitches properly so that it doesn't look 'joined'. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of her wearing it though, she was sleeping when I was visiting.

OSW - back OSW - ribbing

It's really lovely to see the expression of people receiving knitted gifts. These girls' mom was shocked to see something so cute can actually be hand knitted. I think when something is knitted with love, it will turn out just beautiful!

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 7:50 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

So cuuuuute! The OSW is gorgeous. Thanks for the baby hat you knit for moi btw. So CUTE!

 
At November 02, 2007 9:33 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

oh so cute..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.