Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another baby hat

Baby knits are the best! They knit up quickly and are instant FOs!

Here's one that I knitted for a 7 month old baby...
(You're most welcome Rain) (no she DOESN'T have a baby! She's giving it as a pressie)

Needles: 4mm Addi bamboo circulars
Size: Approximately 12" in circumference
Yarn: Bella Baby Puppet in Pink (much less than one ball!)

This hat was knitted flat and seamed together using mattress stitch. Can you see the seam in this picture? No, right?? That's how awesome mattress stitch is! I love it when I pull the yarn to bring the two sides together. It's like magic! As if it was knitted in the round.



8 Comments:

At November 01, 2007 5:30 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Want to see OSW on you dearie! :) Baby knits are always fun.

 
At November 01, 2007 6:56 PM, Blogger Nurhanne said...

Cute hats!

 
At November 02, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

cute hat, nice colour too.

 
At November 02, 2007 11:35 AM, Blogger mona said...

Thanks for linking to those two baby projects - gives me ideas for my current "baby" mood.

 
At November 08, 2007 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute hat! Another really easy baby pattern is the "5 hour baby sweater" and it's free online at:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html

SP11
(who has your final package packed up and ready to go into the post!)

 
At November 09, 2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on the Betteez! I don't have an adult version yet, but they look so comfortable, and I need slippers so badly, that it is just a matter of time. I'll keep you posted!

 
At December 02, 2007 10:06 PM, Blogger samiha.qureshi@gmail.com said...

very cute! Makes me want to knit one! Your knitting is beautiful!

 
At December 04, 2007 1:47 AM, Blogger samiha.qureshi@gmail.com said...

Hi,
I see a message from Courtney that she needs an adult slipper pattern. I just knit myself a pair of slippers. Check out my blog for pics. If you like it, I'll email the pattern to you. I made it different from the pattern listed, so it would fit my mammoth foot.
Take care and good luck knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.