Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Clapotis and a bolero

A couple of things happened in the past two weeks, both happy and sad. But right now I don't seem to be in the right mood to talk about it. So I'll just give a quick update on what's currently on my needles.

A clapotis! Yeah, decided to join the clappy-bandwagon, finally. Don't know who it will be for yet but it's quite a mindless knit, easy enough to keep my eyes on McSteamy ;)

Regg, recognise the yarn??



I started on a Phildar Bolero quite some time ago and it's being knitted up in pieces...I'll have *so* much fun seaming later..bleh...Last night I finally decided to block them before I can seam them up and start picking up stitches to knit the ribbing. Weather has been pretty gloomy around here so I'll leave it for two days to dry.


Boy only now I realize cotton does STRETCH! I literally had to shape the pieces when blocking them. Have to make sure that they are of the same width and length before poking them with the pins. I hope that it won't be too big for me when I finish it!


Instructions said to knit a separate piece of ribbing. We don't want more seaming now do we?? So I'll just pick up stitches and knit the ribbing for the collar.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 21, 2007 1:00 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

OH I'm so happy I can actually SEE your pics =)

Clappy looks fantastic babe. Good luck on the seaming ;o)

Miss ya babe.

 
At November 22, 2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Azs said...

yea cotton do stretch. He he he. Been there done that.
Your clapotis looks really good

 
At November 22, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

We have the same prob, I hate seaming too. And yes, cotton do stretch. The bigger the piece, the more it stretches. :(

 
At November 26, 2007 10:31 AM, Blogger Regg said...

wink wink, of cos i do. lovely:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.