Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WIPs during mid sem break

It's the mid sem break! one week and it's almost over!! I've been watching errmm 1 1/2 season of Lost. (Note to self: start assignments soon!) I thought Lost was some silly idea of making 3 seasons (and counting) of episodes about a whole bunch of people stranded on an island. But boy was I wrong! Since friday, I've been doing nothing but watching Lost...while ahem! of course, knitting....

Currently I have two WIPs:

Sweater for Cousin P
Yarn: Schachenmayr Apollo 100% Acrylic
Needles: Susan Bates 4.5mm

Lets hope I get to finish it...this year?? The progress so far that you see was knitted while watching Lost and I still have about 6 or 7 inches more to go before I reach the armhole.

Its a simple stockinette all throughout except for the front of the sweater with the pattern that u see in the picture. The yarn is pretty dark and that's the best picture I could take of it. It's dark maroon in colour.

My other WIP:


Diamond Fantasy Shawl
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud (double knit)
Needles: 4.5mm Addi circulars

I'm on to the 6th repeat of the pattern and I'm stuck with a mistake...yet to be fixed....

But then...Rain discovered this...


Butterfly dress from Knit Picks

Its knitted with only 2 skeins of alpaca cloud! and thats what I have!! Tempting me to frog DFS and knit the dress instead..hmmMMMM!

Dress or DFS??

DFS or Dress???

Help me decide will you??

5 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

DRESSSSSSSSSSSSS hands down...

 
At April 12, 2007 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the DRESS is so pretty! If you have the figure to pull that dress off, (oh, how I wish I were so slim!)definitely go for the dress! It's lovely.

 
At April 13, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Doreen said...

Hmm... I think your DFS is growing beautifully. It will be such a waste to frog it. Why not get another 2 skein of alpacca cloud for the Dress

 
At April 13, 2007 11:51 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

That dress gave me a lot of grief through my own fault. I ripped 7 inches and left it alone. But the lace pattern is beautiful. Why frog? Get more yarns! :P

 
At April 23, 2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

DRESS !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.