Sunday, March 04, 2007

Frustration..

This will be a pictureless post and a depressing one...I have no knitting pics to post as I haven't done any knitting lately. Well, I did try to knit the Diamond Fantasy Shawl using Knitpick's Alpaca cloud. Has anyone attempted knitting the shawl with this yarn? It is soooo thin that when I tried knitting it with 4.0mm circulars, too many 'holes' are seen and the pattern is not well defined. I had also reduced the needle size to 3.0mm and it came out to be really tiny. I've knitted the Flower Basket Shawl with Knitpick's Shadow and it turned out fine. I can that though both are two ply yarn but the alpaca yarn is like half the thickness of the shadow yarn. I guess I will try double knitting...

Anyways, lately I've been bugged by comments by someone who I least expected to do so. I was ridiculed for the person that I am, the people that I mix around with and the things that I do that paints my personality. What do you do when that certain someone, a loved one, that you think accepts the person that you are, in fact looks down upon you, unappreciates you and in actual fact 'doesn't give a dang about you'. And on top of it all, --- is not even sorry for saying that. How do I feel? Hurt? Well, I have no words to say. I need some respect here!

I've been hit with a fever 2 days ago. Aching body, aching joints, dizziness and all that jazz. Uni just started again too. Perfect! So are there anymore wonderfully bad things coming my way? Give me a warning sign cos I don't think I can take anymore of it...


6 Comments:

At March 05, 2007 12:28 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

Hey chica,

Cheer up. You'll make it through. We're all there for you always, no matter what.

 
At March 05, 2007 10:10 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Ouch, sorry to hear. Chin up. Things will get better. Rest well and get well soon.

 
At March 08, 2007 1:00 AM, Blogger Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

You will be fine. We learn as we grow. There are just too many kind of friends around us and it takes time to know who is the genuine one right?
We know who we are and try not to care too much what other people think about us. You know, sometimes they purposely said something mean just to make you feel down. Don't give it a dang~
Cheer up and life is beautiful!!!

 
At March 12, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

I'm having some problem knitting with a thin lace yarn too :(

 
At March 19, 2007 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are 1) sick and 2) troubled by a loved one's hurtful words/attitude! *hugs* Take care of yourself, and be selective in how you receive other people's feedback - believe the truth about yourself and not the lies!
P.S. I do have to say, the previous post, that is some seriously really good looking CNY food. =)

 
At March 22, 2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i guess the pattern would be knitted faster on heavy lace weight yarns. i used 4 ply weight for both my DFShawl.

using Shadow is a good choice when u downsize the needle, however u need to do more repeats in order to achieve similar size.

meanwhile cheer up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.