Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

The crazy episode of submitting the research thesis is over...I just hope that all my efforts were good enough.

Chinese New Year came and went...well all I can say it's not the best CNY. We didn't get to drive back up north to gather with the rest of the extended family members. This year, there was no gathering at all. For one thing my summer research ended only a day before the big reunion dinner that was supposed to be held on the eve of the new year. I was particularly sad when we could not meet up with the cousins, the aunts, the uncles. I only get to see them once a year..oh well, hopefully next year...

So this year, we had celebrated at my aunt's house instead, which is within the same city that i'm living. We had a small reunion dinner...but look at the food!


There were a total of 9 dishes...my mom cooked, my aunt cooked too, the rest of us..our job is to eat =)

One of the dishes mom made: roasted chicken with apple sauce

You can just imagine how immobile I was after the big feast! Definitely a fusion of chinese and western food this year.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to those who celebrate! *where's my ang pow??*

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 12:51 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Happy New Year babe!! The food looks awesome....I'm hungry..

 
At February 22, 2007 10:35 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Aw shucks, there'll be next year to see them :) Meanwhile, enjoy the food! Happy CNY!

 
At February 23, 2007 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks laura, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.