Monday, November 26, 2007

Bad month, so far..but an FO to show

This month so far has been good and bad, happy and sad for me.

About two weeks ago, my younger sister was mugged. She lost her handbag, her mobile, her money and her identity card. She has a nasty wound on her knee and when they had pushed her, she landed on her butt, which had affected her back bone. What pissed me off the most is that, at the time of the incident, she was walking home ALONE in the middle of the night. Right before that she was having late supper with one of her GUY colleagues. Looks like it would have killed him TO WALK A GIRL HOME!

In another incident, some money was stolen from me too. Don't ask me how. I have no idea. Frickin savings for the past two years!

I'm missing my buddy A LOT. Miss hanging out with her. Miss her company ='( Yeah babe, I doo!!

In a slightly more happy news, I got a few job offers. But so far I am still not sure whether I'll be starting work next month. Pre-employment medical check up didn't go well. But then it hit me, once I start to work, I'll be working for the rest of my life. I was whining that I didn't have a job before, but now when I am about to start work, I'm whining that I'll miss the lazy days.

I whine a lot don't I? Okay for those of you who are still reading this post, I'll show off my Clapotis! Yes, another FO woohoo!

Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
Needle: Addi circulars 4.5mm

Yarn: Premium Marvel 8 ply Acrylic 1.5 balls




This yarn was surprisingly so soft to knit with!! And the stitches could be dropped so easily too. It's more than 60 inches in length and if I had finished the two balls it would have been too long.

How many of you who do not block clapotis? And I notice the cast on end and the cast off end is jutting out and not curled up like the other two corners. I kind of like the wavy effects it has, and it is so soft that it drapes nicely over the shoulders too..


I'll update you about the Phildar bolero in the next post, and also my war with a sock that I'm starting. Till then, have a great week ahead people!


10 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 7:21 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

I hope all these muggers get the most horrible form of torture possible for inflicting pain on everyone else.

Clapotis looks great yo! Miss ya too babe. Thanks a lot for everything.

 
At November 26, 2007 7:23 PM, Blogger Nurhanne said...

So sorry to hear you've had such a bad time, not to mention your sister! It's a pain to have replace all the stuff (BTDT), but after all it is just stuff. Your sister's life is irreplacable.
Your Clapotis looks lovely, and I don't think there's any blocking police that will fine if you don't block it ;-)
And finally, good luck with the job situation!

 
At November 26, 2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Your Clapotis is lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I've had 2 muggings and each time thank God it's only money that's lost. Am really glad your sis is fine.

 
At November 27, 2007 3:56 PM, Blogger bluey said...

ur clapotis is very nice.

hope ur sis is fine.

 
At November 28, 2007 12:34 AM, Blogger Jody said...

Your Clap is just gorgeous!!

So sorry to hear about your sister and your lost money :(

 
At November 28, 2007 4:41 AM, Blogger samiha.qureshi@gmail.com said...

You did a beautiful job. I like the variation of color in the yarn too. It suits Clapotis well. Your comments make me want to buy the yarn too! I like merino wool for myself, but when I knit for other people, sometimes they aren't sure how to care for wool. For others who don't knit and don't want to fuss with wool care, I use acrylic. I'll give this yarn a try.
Thanks for the info!
Sam

 
At November 28, 2007 11:36 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Glad ur sis is ok. Congrats on getting job offers and gd luck with that. Clapotis is looking gd. Can't wait to see the Phildar bolero.

 
At December 02, 2007 10:04 PM, Blogger samiha.qureshi@gmail.com said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog. I like a provisional cast on better because I'm not fond of sewing seams. From what I'm reading, you were mugged? I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope you are all right and the mugger gets what coming to him!

 
At December 07, 2007 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, you clapotis is nice, like the colour...mine still sitting in the basket half way done.

 
At December 07, 2007 8:23 PM, Blogger samiha.qureshi@gmail.com said...

I am so sorry your sister was mugged. I had commented earlier and thought it was you who'd been mugged. How could the guy not walk her home? I hope she is doing better, both physically and emotionally. How upsetting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.