Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update..

6 months has passed and so much happened since I last posted. I haven't been posted at all because..well..I haven't been knitting at all...except for last month..

Let me just summarise the life events that has happened within the past 6 months...


January
- Realised that my job was getting a bit too routine for me to enjoy


February
- My birthday month but it sucked anyways


March
- Lots of late nights and clubbing sessions


April
- Well this was a both happy and a sad month. For the first time, my status officially changed from single to 'in a relationship'. But, It was also the month when my dad passed away. We lost him to stage 4 lung cancer. We only discovered that he had it earlier Jan this year. *May his soul rest in peace*


May
- I gave my notice of resignation. I know that there are jobs out there that'll suit me better.


June
- Officially jobless again


July
- I've decided to take up a part time MBA course and classes start next week! So I'm also looking for a job that'll fill my weekdays since classes are only on weekends.


I also have an F.O to show all of you, a pair of Bayerische socks that took me 6 months to complete!



Pattern: Bayerische Socks by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Knit Pick's Palette in Blue
Needle: Addi Circulars 2.0mm (80cm)


The first sock took me at least 3 attempts to get it right and it took me a month to complete it. I was already a 'pro' when it came to the second one, so it took half the time ;-) The amount of hard work I've put into the socks, I don't know if I'll have the heart the wear it! Even my mom was shocked that I can actually produce stuff like this.

Now I'm project-less again. But a couple of baby bootees, baby jackets and gloves are playing in my mind. Cos a couple of babies are on the way...


Hopefully I'll blog again soon, with some knitting content as well. I hope all of you are keeping well. Till I blog again, take care and just keep knitting!


5 Comments:

At July 12, 2008 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to you getting an awesome job soon babe!

And may your dad rest in peace.

Babies on the way?! Do you KNOW how that sounds????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At July 13, 2008 9:29 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Good to see you are ok. I'm sorry it doesn't sound to have been the best 6 months for you. I am very sorry to hear about your dad. May he rest.

You take care of yourself and keep on knitting. It's good for my soul which is why I'n so attached to it now. Best to you.

 
At July 13, 2008 2:56 PM, Blogger Mira said...

Rain babe, I'm NOT pregnant!! Babies as in mom's friend is getting two more grandkids!! hehe~~~

 
At August 09, 2008 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, may i ask, where do u usually buy your yarns in malaysia? i'm still new in knitting and i only know one shop that sell quite expensive yarn
thanks in advance :)

 
At August 09, 2008 3:36 PM, Blogger Mira said...

Hi iynn512, there are only a handful of yarn shops around here... There are two shops in Sungei Wang, one in Amcorp Mall, one in Jaya Supermarket in PJ (which i think is closing down) and one in Subang Parade..

You could email me at mirakhalid AT yahoo.com if u want to know more. Cheers =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.