Thursday, April 19, 2007

Knitting Goodies

About two weeks ago, I got these:

From left: 2 balls of Knitpicks Palette in blue, Shadow lace yarn in colours Sunset and Vineyard

I plan to knit a pair of socks for me mom using the Palette yarn. But the colour turned out to be quite different from what I saw on the Knit Picks website. It's a bit...BLA...as in too blue for a pair of socks..Maybe I'll dye it?

Stitch 'n Bitch 2007 calendar

It's definitely with colours all throughout. However, I will have to tear out each day because the whole calender is 365 pieces of paper glued at the side, so I can't flip the paper to the back as the days go by. I did that and the 'Jan-March' part just fell off. It would have been good if it was spiral bound.

Another thing - if you already have Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, I wouldn't advice you to buy this one. There are quite a few patterns that are already in SnB Nation. Other than patterns, it has knitting tips, facts, websites to visit and yarn reviews.

Knitting Journal

I quite like this one and I've started using it already. It even has pockets for you to keep your favourite yarn labels. And a plastic zipper bag to store stitch markers and stuff.

I got both the journal and the calendar from Amazon. It was shipped to the US and the very talented Kitman had kindly offered to take them back for moi when she came back here. Even the Knit picks loot! Thanks Kitman!!

Go over to Kitman's blog to have a look at her really pretty designs!

Well people, I have an essay due tomorrow. After that it's.the.weekend!

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 6:25 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Bravo on finishing ur assignment babe. Lets see what you knit with z loot now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.