Saturday, April 21, 2007

Friday night calorimetry

What does one do after rushing all day to finish a genetics essay about the role of a particular gene in the development of human pancreas?? like oH mY gOd we won't have a pancreas if the gene is mutated!!

After I got home, I just wanted to sit and knit. I've been deprived from the luxury of knitting and watching tv series cos of assignments.


So friday night....This is what I did...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Before

A couple episodes of Lost later...

My fastest FO!! It's Calorimetry from Knitty.com

When my cousin wanted me to knit a 'head band' as a present for her collegue's upcoming birthday, first thing that crossed my mind was to knit a calorimetry. I followed the pattern at first but it turned out to be WAY to big! Something's wrong with the pattern.

So I casted on 100 stitches using 4mm needles. I definitely did much less short row repeats than what the pattern had said.

This time, it turned out to be much better than the first. A perfect fit!!

I HAD to try it on..I want one for myself too!

Now I just need to get a button...an orange button...

9 Comments:

At April 21, 2007 2:56 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Nice work. It looks so cute. Make one for yourself ASAP!

 
At April 21, 2007 10:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Love it! It looks like an orange creamsicle.

 
At April 23, 2007 8:25 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Nice finish ! Happy colour !

 
At April 23, 2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Regg said...

Nice colour! It is expensive to get sensor in Malaysia?

 
At April 23, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Mira said...

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Regg: I bought this ball of Senso for RM19.90. Pretty expensive, but maybe because I bought only one ball.

 
At April 23, 2007 1:42 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

I laughed when I read ur 1st para..:) Thanks for the light moment. The headband is very cute.

 
At April 23, 2007 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, I love the color!

 
At April 23, 2007 11:40 PM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

So cute!! Ive been wanting to make one of my own too but just don't know if I would wear it. I have short hair.

 
At April 25, 2007 5:11 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Is that you, Mira Jie Jie ?

Jayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.