Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby fest

Lately it's all about knitting for babies. A newborn baby boy and a baby girl due in about two weeks. I love knitting kiddy stuff cos I don't have to worry much about the size. If it's too big..no problem! The kiddo will grow into it!

I knitted the Daisy baby cardigan from Knitty.com for a certain Baby J. OK I didn't backstitch any daisies on the cardigan cos baby J is a boy. I wanted to backstitch the letter J on it..but...HOW on earth do you do a backstitch??!! Ideas are most welcomed thank you very much :)

I just love the way it turned out! For the first time a FO with perfect (ok, almost perfect) seaming! Ms Yarn Harlot has designed the garment very well, it's quite an easy and quick knit I must say. I am not a very fast knitter so it took me about 4 - 5 days to finish it.

But too bad that I couldn't get any cute buttons. I only managed to get plain ones which is a bit boring... Sigh I remember looking at really adorable buttons at Spotlight Singapore. Now I regretted for not getting a few of those.


Pattern: Daisy by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Available at Knitty.com

Needles: 3.5mm Addi circulars
Yarn: OnLine 165 Sandy
Modifications: none


I'm gonna go visit baby J in a day or two. He was born just about a month ago. I think the cardi will be a bit big for him.

Next up is another Vine Lace Baby Hat that I knitted for my MBA classmate who is about to give birth within a week or two. The baby is going to be a girl and her name starts with K, so let's call her baby K shall we? I'm still deciding as to which booties to knit for her though.

I've knitted this hat before, like a year ago. My sis saw me knitting the hat and said 'if you knit it my size I'll wear it (with a big grin)'. Hmmm... I'll think about it!


Pattern: Vine Lace Baby Hat by Sandi Wiseheart
Needles: 3mm Brittany DPNs
Modifications: none

Updates on life in a later post. Cheerios!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.