Thursday, December 18, 2008

My So Called Scarf

Lil sis will be going to UK to study for a year. She will be going in February and once her study visa is approved then it's confirmed for sure. Though it's just going to be a year but I'm going to miss her! She'll be doing a year's study to obtain her degree in Hotel Management. Siiighh... I'd love to live outside of Malaysia..just to see what it's like..!

I think my knitted goodies are going with her...My Clapotis is going with her for sure since that had really kept her warm during her trip to London 2 months ago! Good thing I made it wide enough to cover her neck.


Yeah she's comfy alright! Clapotis put to good use!!

She requested for another scarf (since she took a wild guess that I am most certainly will not be able to finish a cardigan for her in time before she leaves...blehh...fiine).

I decided to knit My So Called Scarf and really, the pattern is a fun knit! Amazing how the 'psso' stitches gives a real nice pattern!


The yarn is a gift from a friend who went to India. It's acrylic but surprisingly very soft and 'silky' like. It came in a skein and as you can see in the picture I was to darn lazy to wind it into a ball (no I don't have a ball winder...sighhh).

Sis wants the scarf to be narrow so I casted on 40 sitches using a 4.5mm needles.

Blog updated two days in a row...This is record..!

Here's something cute that I found... Enjoy!!



3 Comments:

At December 24, 2008 3:29 PM, Blogger Aw said...

HI, Mira
thank you for dropping by my blog and your kind words and condolences....
I am contemplating not to start Clapotis right now....seeing your sis with it may made me want to cast on immediately. You will miss your sister, but you can knit more for her...

 
At December 25, 2008 1:28 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Beautiful scarf. I like to knit, but I've never actually finished a project. Haha. And I don't know anything fancy, just the basics (very basics).

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Merry Christmas!

 
At January 03, 2009 2:39 PM, Blogger Regg said...

Nice FO!
All the best in 2009 :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by WebRing.